America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

America's #1 Balance Bike Destination
America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

22 February 2006

Days of the Weak: Lately, there's some truth to this title

These past few days and weeks my morale and energy has been on a downward death spiral. I blame it on work more than anything else, but it's probably also because my last vacation was in May of 2005. Plus the long winters of New England have a numbing effect- sometimes I wonder why I don't just move to California or Georgia or Florida, places where the outdoors isn't off-limits for 6 months a year. My recent hand injury playing soccer was another buzz-kill which frustrates me. At work, I am managing 8 different construction projects totaling about $6 million, and each of them has a team of owners, contractors and architects which I must cater to and keep thanklessly satisfied. Needless to say, each day is an exercise in the art of swallowing pride and tolerating incompetence. Co-workers? Let's not even go there- my teeth and fists clench at the thought of them. You know, it's a small miracle that I have no chemical dependences- no smoking or drinking or pain killers or pot or heroine or cocaine; not even herbal tea. My highs and lows are all-natural. On the bright side, perhaps these are the times when we need to be counting our blessings. It's shamefully easy to forget how lucky we are. I swear you people in California and Florida had better be happy and giddy year round. You don't know how much it sucks to get bundled up just to take out the trash.

Spring fever gives me a natural high; it opens the flood gates of dopamine. Spring and summer couldn't be here soon enough!

Go to MAIN Page
Go to AMERIKAN TURKS Discussion Forum- DEBATE!
Go to AMERIKAN TURKS Yahoo Group- NETWORK!

7 comments:

metin said...

We, in California, are complainers as well. At least in Southern California near the beaches the temps have fallen to 50s at night even though we reach 70s during the day. Oh boy, nobody wants to go out at night here even if it means a quick trip to the nearest cosmetic surgery clinic around the corner for a quick fix. The nerve of all these ugly people!

Murat Altinbasak said...

Grrrrrr.... I'm dancing on air when the high temp is 50... Seventies are three months away.

Anonymous said...

Come to Atlanta. We've got good riding (if you know where to live), lots of racing, great mountains nearby with hard climbs, etc. And, we ride year-round. Plus, the economy still is booming so getting a position in the construction industry shouldn't be bad. Not too many Turkish restaurants however...

Murat Altinbasak said...

Anonymous: If it weren't for having family in the NYC and western NY area, the choice would be much easier. Riding the bike year round without frostbite sounds like a dream.

Anonymous said...

YOU ARE ONE VERY UGLY MAN INSIDE & OUT....! I THINK YOU AND YOUR EXTENDED FAMILY SHOULD PACKUP AND HEAD BACK TO SUNNY TURK LAND...!

Just some advice..! I heard they need more Muslim Soap Box talking TURKS! Ass!

Cheers ALL AMERICAN GIRL
PS Don't bother commenting on other peoples private blogs..!Unless you have positive feedback!

Murat Altinbasak said...

Anonymouse: Take your own advice! I was born here in the US! I'm not going anywhere! I love being baited please keep it up.

Another example of a so-called "American" who wants to curb freedom of speech, that is, when it suits their agenda. I'm laughing my ass off at your expense. Evidently, myopia is bliss for some people! I have more American-ness under my finger-nail than you could ever dream of having in your whole lifetime.

Anonymous said...

American-ness! "Yeah right" Who are you trying to convince!

KEEP LIVING OUR DREAM...! ASS