America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

America's #1 Balance Bike Destination
America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

19 March 2006

American Crusade Trading Cards


You see an example of one in my previous post as well. Be warned that many of these cards have graphic images of death and maiming. Click at your own risk to see the American Crusade Trading Cards. Some of them are quite hilarious in my opinion.

Journalist Bill Berkowitz has written an article on these cards.

Also found at The Infinite Jest:

Operation Afghan Litterbug The Infinite Jest's investigative reporters in Afghanistan risked landmines and fended off a band of starving local children to collect these colorful propaganda leaflets dropped from American planes. Veritas!

Operation Iraqi Trashcan When they're not busy dropping bombs on marketplaces or Al-Jazeera's hotel, US warplanes in Iraq blanket the landscape with paper leaflets of Truth to educate the locals about Freedom, Liberty and Peace! The Infinite Jest's correspondents in Iraq beat off Geraldo Rivera with a stick to recover this collection of colorful propaganda pamphlets for your viewing pleasure!

5 comments:

Left of Center said...

great Blog Murat. I love the pics you collect and topics.

Murat Altinbasak said...

Hey Lefty! That's the first birthday present I received today! Many thanks. Praise is so often withheld in my world, I am putty in the hands of those who are kind enough to offer it.

Anonymous said...

I don't get it - you complain about cartoons of Muhammed, but you gladly link to the "American crusade" cartoons. Isn't that a double-standard? I'm offended by the cartoons - aren't you concerned about my sensibilities?

Anonymous said...

That's right..! Like I said double standards... Mr Murat knows all about DOUBLE standards!!! (He's a PRO)

Murat Altinbasak said...

Anonymous:
Take your own medicine! I don't care about the cartoons. You, on the other hand, are apparently obsessed with 'em.