America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

America's #1 Balance Bike Destination
America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

06 March 2006

Days of the Weak: They Say It's The Survivors Who Suffer!?

Click to enlarge!











I knew many weeks ago that it would happen. The president took me to lunch, we discussed matters, we re-assured eachother. Then last Thursday the inevitable- I'm called to a private meeting, and my suspicions are affirmed. We'll be taking action tomorrow, as discussed weeks ago, we'll be executing the plan.

At my workplace, there used to be five people who I'd worked with at other companies. The history which the six of us all shared gave us a special kind of kinship at work- like brothers and sisters. Then one of us was let go, then another, then another quit to take a position elsewhere. We're down to three, and next thing you know, we're two. Yet another one of us is leaving- he received his two week notice on Friday. I'm the sole survivor of our original group.

The mood in our production meeting today is somber, yet light-hearted at the same time- if that's possible. The pressure is off a bit, with our company's backlog diminished more than we'd like. The latest casualty, my friend, is compelled to attend, and I believe I will be taking over all of his projects before he's gone.

The irony lies in the fact that out of the six of us, I was the most recent hire... Trouble is, I am so completely un-focused and lacking in drive lately that I'm practically ashamed to accept my salary each week. This too will pass- my mojo is eclipsed for only so long before I break out and run circles around everyone. It's a cycle which some believe is tied to the positions of the planets. Mars or Saturn must be exerting influence.

So today's artwork might seem a bit glum. It took all of 10 minutes to complete, and I nearly crumpled it up and tossed it, which is my reflex of choice, being a perfectionist and all. I hate it and love it at the same time, what's up with that? Usually I'm shy about anything I've drawn, and posting these pictures here is an exercise in overcoming that weakness. Thanks for giving it a look.

Go to MAIN Page
Go to AMERIKAN TURKS Discussion Forum- DEBATE!
Go to AMERIKAN TURKS Yahoo Group- NETWORK!

No comments: