America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

America's #1 Balance Bike Destination
America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

01 March 2006

Head On (Gegen die Wand)


Just returned from a screening of the Golden Bear winning film Head On at Brown University. We enjoyed this movie much more the second time around as it was on a large screen and the acoustics in the room were excellent. Head On (2004- Gegen die Wand) was written and directed by Fatih Akin and stars Birol Unel and Sibel Kekilli. It surprises me (and makes me feel old) to discover that the writer/director is only 33 years old, 31 actually at the time of release. Wow. Seeing Head On again compels me to sing it's praises once more. I covered this film previously and gave you my two cents last fall. To re-visit this entry, please click here.

If you have not already, join Netflix and get this movie in your qeue, but watch it after the kids are in bed! Not for the squeamish! My favorite parts: Cahit gets out of jail, he's eating kebap with his only friend, who gives him seed money to start a new life. Another is when Cahit and his brother-in law put their heads together in a moment of compassion and brotherhood. (Both scenes choked me up- Ebru cried audibly) See this film post haste. Those of you who have seen it already, I'd love to hear your comments.

No comments: