America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

America's #1 Balance Bike Destination
America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

29 March 2006

Is it a Honda? No! A BMW! Could it be another depreciation nightmare? The new Hyundai Azera

I bought a 2001 Hyundai Elantra GT when they first came out. Cost me about $16,000 and has every available feature and enhancement, including leather. Five years later I'd be lucky to get $2500 for it. Heck I recently sold my 1989 Toyota Pick-up for $2300! Had I bought a Corolla or a Civic for a couple grand more, I'd have a car that's still worth about $8000.
So here's another composite knock-off from Hyundai, with every imaginable luxury feature for only $25,000. Sorry, but I'll take a stripped down Accord or Camry any day of the week, for about $5000 less. Avoid buying a Hyundai vehicle unless you intend to drive it for 10+ years. Buyer remorse is punished SEVEEERELY.
As for my Elantra GT (only 40k miles on it in 5 years), I'm stuck with it and plan to hold it long enough for Reis to drive, when he turns 16 in 2019...
Do you see the ubiquitous and blatant design theft in the lines? How do they get away with it and how do they do it with a straight face?
Does 'Azera' mean anything in Azerbaijan?


No comments: