America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

America's #1 Balance Bike Destination
America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

11 April 2006

College Tuition: Expensive by Design


Beats me, but maybe this custom hand made pane of glass with inlaid beads, gems and etched poetry- just installed at a famous New England Ivy League School Addition- has some answers. I'll find out the total cost paid by the school eventually. Any guesses? This glass covers both sides of a pedestrian bridge between buildings. The surfaces of the outer layers of glass are also etched to look like a hand print, when viewed from outside. How long before a disgruntled student who can't make tuition, lets a brick fly through it? I will laugh my f-ing ass off.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Laugh your f..ass off" You're a very cynical little man! waiting for destruction of a beautiful art peice and you'll be laughing your f..ass off...!

Murat Altinbasak said...

You miss my point. I don't deny it's a beautiful piece of art, which might have a better home in a museum instead of a pedestrian bridge. Seems a very vulnerable venue for such fragile beauty though!

The point is that I am against the things which make higher education ever more cost-prohibitive than it already is. Tinted Low-E argon filled glass would have served the same purpose. It's a point of transit, not an art gallery, or even a school of art.