America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

America's #1 Balance Bike Destination
America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

22 April 2006

No Subject 6

It's time for a good 'ol ramble so pull up a chair. I've had a rough ten days, which the scarcity of blog activity here will attest to. That head/chest cold has finally cleared up, and of course the weather turns to shit as soon as I'm feeling better... Bike riding? I did some of that, but per usual, not nearly enough to satisfy my "spiritual needs". Some one I know told me that I ride my bike, or more specifically, I punish myself and test my physical limits on the bike, as a form of "prayer". It's how I pray. I think there's some truth in it because I feel weak and hollow whenI skip a day of training. Today was such a lapse- I blame the weather. Tomorrow promises to be miserable as well- rain is forecast. I sold items on ebay a week ago which I still need to pack and mail to their new owners. Work was crazy busy this week, coupled with my cold and my brother visiting, time and strength was very limited. Hopefully no one gives me negative feedback- I am only 13 points away from the elusive 500 mark in the ebay hierarchy. My little star's color is going to change! Woo-hoo. A hard-earned milestone. I am also in the middle of devouring "The DaVinci Code". The short chapters make it easy to binge. I carry the thing around the house- looking for a chance to steal a few pages in between wrestling sessions with our toddler and landscaping our front yard- which is now decorated with $500 worth of 3/4" lavender crushed stone. It looks awful pretty now that the stone has concealed the bare earth in petween our two huge patches of pachysandra. My wife's birthday is coming up! Less than two weeks to find a gift. I need a personal shopper! Anyone up for the task? I'll give you a calendar of events and a credit card- you find and buy the things which are guaranteed to impress my loved ones. Did I mention work sucks? I am sick with grief and worry about my projects going down the toilet financially. Speaking of which, remember that fancy glass I showed to you at the Ivy League school addition?- it's rejected! It's all getting ripped out and replaced. LMAO! I was onsite the other day noticing that they even inlaid little magnifying lenses in there! A construction worker spied me checking it out and make a remark about people's clothing catching fire. LOL. Tried to watch todays FB-GS game, but the reception sucked and I turned it off before the 1st half ended. Thanks DFH! for nothing! Fiddling with the dish position (while standing on my roof) and installing a new coax wire didn't help- I returned it and got my $35 back from Best Buy. A composite mixture of Shrimp L0-Mein, Starburst Jelly Beans, and Lays Mesquite BBQ Potato Chips is congealing in my stomach right now like a brick. I think I'll go downstairs and try diluting it with some Diet Sierra Mist, or a Sam Adams Light. I'll be back.

No comments: