America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

America's #1 Balance Bike Destination
America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

30 April 2006

Wells Ave- Missed the Start- I Hate When That Happens

Grrrrr. We get to the race at 10:30, with plenty of time for me to get ready and warm up. But wouldn't you know it- they combined the A and the B riders, so the race begins about 1/2 hour early. There were 26 laps to go out of 40 by the time we arrived. So naturally I registered and tried to make the best of it. I jumped in with no warm-up, while there were still 23 laps to go. Since there was no time to affix my race number, and since I was a late-comer, I wasn't allowed to sprint at the finish, but that didn't stop me from attacking with one lap to go and almost staying away for 3rd place (two guys were up the road- I was in between them and the main field- but I was caught with 1/2 lap to go) Aside from that, I almost took a prime sprint for $10 (got 3rd) and I worked my ass off at the front to try and catch the two who got away. I was miserable and disgusted for missing the start and took it out on the bike I guess. Oh well- I gave it everything I had, for the time I was in it. A good training session if nothing else- that's why it's called a training race.
Distance: 18 miles- Avg speed: 25.7 mph - Top speed: 34 mph - Avg heart rate: 170 - Top HR: 187

That's me in my new team kit. The perfect color scheme is a nice coincidence, not something I planned.

2 comments:

Gulay said...

Would be better in red and yellow!
Sounds like you had fun though. The Husband also rides and used to race mountain bikes, now he just commutes 12 miles each way, each day to work all through the winter, in Cleveland, nuts!

Murat Altinbasak said...

Sounds like your Husband has "character" coming out of the wazoo. I also ride to work and back, but not until the temp is at least 50 degrees at 6:00 AM! (It isn't yet, here in New England)

Hey what's this "used to" stuff? Tell him to go to USA Cycling and take out his racing license at once! Once a racer, always a racer!