America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

America's #1 Balance Bike Destination
America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

30 May 2006

As The Wheel Turns


Finished 13th in Sunday's training race at Wells Ave... I was poorly positioned and fought my way past a lot of riders who blew-it before the line. Memorial Day today- a day off from work! Did an early 38 mile easy ride, went to Narragansett Beach in the afternoon. The water was frigid yet people were swimming. We got our feet wet and chased Reis all over the place, who was chasing the seagulls amidst a sea of pasty white skin. (At least my face, arms and legs are bronzed from Saturday's 55 mile ride and Sunday's race) This beach charges per person admission, and I must say the amenities and the cleanliness of the water make it worth the dough. They let us in for free today. Season passes are $28 pp. Aside from that, I spent the past couple of hours paying bills. It's astonishing how high our household expenses have become. G-d please help us to finally sell our home so that we can down-size into a brand new and efficient place. Heating and maintaining 3300 square feet is a big burden. That's about 320 square meters! My weekly total on the bike was 248 miles- nothing to sneeze at. Riding to work and back helped reach the mark. My legs are like rubber and I need to take it easy for a few days, re-build and get stronger. I was supposed to be on vacation this week- but no- too much to do still- so I'll try to take at least a couple of days off the following week. My cousin Serkay arrived from Turkey today. He's here for three months- his first time- and plans to take an ESL course. Hopefully we can drive up to Rochester soon to see him- he's staying with my mother and brother, 400 miles from here. Big meeting at 8:00 am with a big GC. We're having a scope review for the project which I estimated and won recently. Over a million dollars on the table- hope I didn't screw up. Could a blog entry be any more scatter-brained? Not deliberate.

No comments: