America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

America's #1 Balance Bike Destination
America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

13 May 2006

Here Comes the Rain Again

It actually stopped for a couple of hours late in the morning- the roads even dried up. Now it's raining buckets and of course yours truly has missed another day of training. I'll have to connect the bike to the wind-trainer and spin for a while- three days off the bike is not good for form. Today marks the 5th straight day of rain, and it's getting really f-ing old. Why the hell do we live in New England? I know, it's for the high wages. Even so, Californians are looking pretty smart from where I'm standing.

My brother Ali sent me this article about Uzbekistan which covers the one year anniversary of the Andijan massacre of May 2005. The last time I mentioned Uzbekistan, it was because of their world famous sprinter, "The Tashkent Express", Djadmolodine Abdujaparov.

3 comments:

Gulay said...

The Husband wants to know if you are only a fair weather cyclist. But then as he acknowledges he is from Manchester England where if you wait for a dry day you would never ride. Of course the webs between his toaes and the feathers are also a give away!

Murat Altinbasak said...

Ha that's a good question. I guess you could say that I avoid riding in the rain. I've fallen down enough times to discover that it isn't worth the risk. Plus I have chronic bronchitis, so risking illness isn't worth it to me either. Regardless, I manage to keep fit enough to give our regional elite racers a run for the money. This five straight days of rain isn't typical for our area. Tell him I hold a cat 2 USCF license, for what it's worth. Of course, soaking the racing shoes which I paid $250 for, isn't worth it either!

Congratulations today to you and to Galatasaray.

-Murat

Gulay said...

Thanks, but it was nerve wracking!

The Husband has a fari assortment of scars on the knee area as well from similar accidents. He gets asthma so understands your reasons! As he said getting wet twice a day for 12 miles a time is not much fun!