America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

America's #1 Balance Bike Destination
America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

21 May 2006

Pay no mind to the basement people...

Ever feel like you've climbed [almost] to the top of something- after much sacrifice, pain, dedication and hard work- and just as you're within reach of your goal, your brass ring, just as you prepare to claim what is yours, the only voices you hear are those of the "basement people" who reside in your head? That's where I am at the moment, with those voices calling me down (Jump! Jump!) instead of encouraging me to continue going up. (Self-sabotage?? Fear of success??) Where are the voices of my Balcony People? I can take it only so far without you.. They live in my heart I think, and I need you now- more than ever- to drown out those other voices.
Dr. Seuss said it best:
"I'm afraid that some times
you'll play lonely games too.
Games you can't win
'cause you'll play against you."

1 comment:

Elif said...

Murat,
I-a Balcony Person of yours-am here but having no time to chew the fat with my friends even. I can not put up with my basement people either. Did you find out any "kick out" techniques?
By the way, Happy Belated Anniversary:)