America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

America's #1 Balance Bike Destination
America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

24 May 2006

Personal trivialities of work and sport

It's 8:30 at night and I'm back at work, trying to get caught up. Next week was going to be a vacation for me, but that's been called off due to my un-conquered pile of tasks which I thought I'd have completed by this Friday. This week marks a full year since my last vacation- I can hardly believe I am still on my feet, that my ass isn't dragging behind me. On the bright side, my company is giving me some sales and estimating to do and today I discovered that a $1.2 million project proposal which I estimated is going to have a favorable outcome. We'll get the contract and the project manager will be yours truly, which is ideal because I have already studied the project from every angle and put the learning curve behind me.

On the sporting side of my life, I'm happy to report that I've ridden my bike to and from work for the past two days, with a total of about 90 miles covered in the past three days. The mornings are freezing cold outside and the hardest part is talking myself into wanting to ride. It's always the correct choice to do so because I am able to skip the morning coffee and I'm naturally awake and alert when I get here. The ride home is always sweet- it's usually much warmer outside by that time. And her- gasoline costs $3.00 a gallon!! That's another good reason!

2 comments:

metin said...

Congrats on the project. And on the bike riding to/from work. Wish I could do that but the freeways would not be that kind. The temps here in California are in the 80s and 90s inland and 70s by the beaches. Gas is still over $3 and $3.50 in some cases. This weekend though, I will NOT be driving as a protest for the high price of gas and instead will be at the beach tanning and force myself to sightsee here in my own backyard. I guess someone has to do it.

Gulay said...

Here in Cleveland the Husband had to wear winter gear Monday and Tuesday as the mornings were 2C. He switched to shorts on Weds and Thurs and arrived home tonight like a drowned rat having ridden 12 miles through a thunderstorm!!!As he said at least it was warm! And no he does not have Rudy Project glasses they are MSA safety glasses with yellow lenses, he works in the Tunnel Construction business so always gets free gear like that! As he says, role on summer!!!!!