America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

America's #1 Balance Bike Destination
America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

11 May 2006

Satellite Image of Istanbul

This image was recorded two years ago. Been staring at it and I'm at a loss for words. I keep imagining myself on an Airbus after a ten hour flight, landing gear extended, tray tables up, seats in an upright position and seat belts fastened. (and of course, my ass as flat as a board) I've made that trip probably about 15 times overall. When I was 11 years old, I made the trip home to the US by myself, with a 10 hour lay-over in Amsterdam. Wandered around every square inch of that airport on that day, talked to strangers, slept for a while. What were my parents thinking? The pilot came to check on me personally during the flight to JFK- asked if I needed any help. I told him 'no, thanks". These days I am terrified of air travel, especially since 9-11. We were in Turkey on holiday when it happened, and we had to fly home on 9-20. Not as fun as it was 20 years earlier, let me tell you..

No comments: