America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

America's #1 Balance Bike Destination
America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

21 May 2006

Speechless in Athens: I Want My Three Hours BACK!


The shocking winners from Finland, LORDI might have gotten their inspiration from this band. Here's where you will find the complete score matrix for all voting countries and competing countries. Russia's DIMA was robbed of the win and those who voted for Finland should be forced to dress like the Lordi freaks for 30 days, whenever in public.
Turkey placed a surprising 11th, even though the over-weight and toothy Sibel Tuzun gave a performance we'd all like to soon forget. Sibel, is that a cocker spaniel lounging on your shoulders? Oops my bad, that's your hair... The overall sound and melody of "Superstar" reminded me why jack-hammer operators wear ear protection. ("Dun-dun-dun superstar!!!"- What the hell were those first three slurred words before "superstar"???) This was a pathetic train wreck of a performance: you want to look away but you can't. Oh, and I've seen enough of her gums to become a periodontist, licensed in all 50 states. That outfit would have been equally attractive draped around a tree trunk... or even me for that matter.
Kudos to Athens for managing the event successfully. (Loved the dolphins) See you in Finland in '07! or not!

3 comments:

Idil said...

I have to admit that I kinda liked the group that won, it was funny to see a non conventional group get so many votes.
The words before 'Superstar' were: KARSINDA SUPERSTAAAAR.. I can't even believe we made it past the semi finals with that song.
anyway, gecmis olsun.

metin said...

Eurovision has always been an 'ameteur night at the Apollo' event in my opinion, full of bubblegum acts. However, the Turkish entry was totally an embarrassment and the results showed. Why even enter a contest if you can't even expect to win. She was so surprised that she even made it to the finals and then said she hoped to finish in the top five. Why won't we invest more time and energy into choosing a better song choice and a performer. On the other hand, does it really matter?

burcu sunar said...

I want to go to Finland next year for Eurovision! Maybe listening the songs there feels different. Yes I am aware that the contest had been organized in Turkey before and it would probably be easier to see that one but anyway. I've always wanted to go to Finland. So yes, right at this moment I decided to do this!!!