America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

America's #1 Balance Bike Destination
America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

18 May 2006

Useless Trivia: Skunk Parades in Cracklefoot

The highlight of my 300 miles of driving today was listening to talk radio, notably, a spoof interview with "Zoe Frankincense" who is purported to be THE expert (she denies the distinction) on the topic of "skunk parades"- a phenomenon which can be observed in a MA town called "Cracklefoot". Funny stuff. The host called her and asked all kinds of stupid questions for 1/2 hour straight, and she took it like a champ... It did help me shake the sleepiness though and probably saved my life because I am prone to falling asleep at the wheel when I'm not well-rested.
Today I spent the lion's share of my day on the highways of Connecticut, usually pushing 80 miles an hour to get from one appointment to the next. I cursed myself for getting caught in the 5:00 pm rush hour on I-95 heading North from New Canaan. Man did my head throb for a while there, then along came the skunk piece... Made it back to the office at 7:00...
I rode my bike 14 miles to work at 7:00 this morning, and after returning from my 300 mile trip to CT, I rode my bike 21 miles to get home. It's been a very long day and I'm still here trying to eek every bit of productivity out of my weary ass before crashing for 6 hours of sleep. See how much I care about you guys? I deserve a medal AND a monument. -AT

No comments: