America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

America's #1 Balance Bike Destination
America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

18 June 2006

Cyclonauts Criterium @ Stafford Motor Speedway

My first time at this venue was a trial by fire. I did the 30+ event yesterday, which is held on the Stafford Motor Speedway. Our average speed was 27.6 mph (that's 44.4 km/hour!). With three laps to go, someone locked up his back wheel and started to fish-tail into the corner, taking out two other racers before hitting the deck himself. Me? I'm directly behind the carnage, deciding whether to hop over the casualties, hit the brakes, or swerve wide (potentially hooking the riders behind me). I ended up going left, but not before a split second glance over my shoulder. Of course I spent the next two laps in the red zone, blowing my wad to catch back up to the tail of the field, which at this point, has opened up the throttle in preparation for the final sprint. I coasted across the line, demoralized in 35th place (out of 60 entrants- only 38 finished!) Full results here
Here's a cool picture my cousin Serkay Sert took of the field- I'm in blue and yellow, yellow bike. I'm off to Wells Ave! Happy Father's Day!

No comments: