America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

America's #1 Balance Bike Destination
America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

28 June 2006

Germ Invasion in my Head

I have a sinus infection and a mild fever. The body aches all over. Feeling lifeless and exhausted.. Must travel all day tomorrow. Rain is forecast. Riding bike with a bad ankle. Beginning to suspect a dislocated joint in the foot. Work sucks. Two days until vacation. Not excited, especially because I'm not feeling 100%. The death spiral began with the sprained ankle, nine days ago. Trying to hold onto fitness for the bike without aggravating ankle too much. Should probably have a brace on it, immobilize it. But I'm a stubborn idiot who hates to pay co-pays only to be told I need to rest and stay off of it. Duh. I already know that. All I want is an x-ray for peace of mind. No time though. Stuffing 5 days of work into the next two days is hard enough. Man my head is congested. Feeling same as last night, but I felt great this morning. Let's hope tomorrow morning is a repeat. I'm probably severely under-rested. Grrrrr. I hate feeling weak. Now my ears don't hear so well. And yes, wife Ebru has the same symptoms. G-d help us.

5 comments:

Bill Hicks said...

Turkish man,

Hey, hope you feel better.

I am sittin' here editing photos. A lot of time to surf while things save. Went out on the same route yesterday... good ride, but got Paris-Roubaix'ed pretty well. Starting to get addicted again... Look out bank account.

Take it slow.

Bill Hicks

Murat Altinbasak said...

Thanks Bill. I think I do, at least well enough to venture out for 1/2 hour ride after work. You didn't crash on my route did you? Hey at the bottom of the big hill, you will notice a road called "Hope Furnace". Take a left there and you can do some rolling climbs on a stunningly beautiful road. Nice downhills after the top too. Tons of options along the way- check a map. That's my usual stomping ground, when I'm not riding to/from work.

The Infidel said...

Gecmis olsun, Murat!... I hope you feel better soon. As you well know, mother's remedies don't always work but this one always helps me with your kind of symptoms.

You put boiling water into a pan with a few drops of Eucalyptus and Camomille extracts mixed into it. Then you hold your head over it and cover it with a towel. Surprisingly, this actually works well (for me anyways). Try it if all else fails.

Anyhow, take care and hang in there.

The Infidel

Murat Altinbasak said...

Thanks for the tip Infidel. I'd prefer a shot of antibiotics to rid myself of this thick yellow mucus, but your suggestion should offer some relief.. Have a great holiday weekend.
-Amerikan Turk

Elif said...

Ebru ve Murat, cok gecmis olsun. Bu aralar Altinbasak Malikanesi'ne gunes girmiyor galiba:)
Hope you understood what I wrote and have a nice holiday weekend!