America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

America's #1 Balance Bike Destination
America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

23 June 2006

Reis Ozan Altinbasak wants to say "Hi"


The weekend is here, not a moment too soon. I am on the edge of an abyss known as burn-out and people at work who KNOW I am deprived of a vacation for the past 13 months seem to be doing the only thing which makes them feel better about their pitiful selves: exploit weakness. I won't name names. They know who they are and their lack of a spine has been duly noted...

My ankle seems much better. I rode on the bike path yesterday after work. Caught up to a person who used to race long ago. This injury has stolen a lot of strength from me because I was out of breath by the time I caught this 'has-been' fellow with the bike from the 1980s.. We chatted for a few miles while he had me pegged in 'half wheel hell'. Surprised me really. I've either lost a lot of form, very suddenly, or the ankle has really sucked my energy.. I've been training on my racing wheels for a few weeks. With my training wheels on yesterday (they're much heavier, clinchers instead of tubular tires) it felt like I had two flats. Proves that $1000 wheels with $100 tires are worth the dough..

Today we picked the colors for the cabinets, carpet, granite counters of our new condo.. What a thrill to see a brand new home being constructed for you before your eyes.. No offers on this place yet, though. Tomorrow we meet a new realtor who comes highly recommended. It will be sad to let our current agent go. He's done all he could for the past ten months, except SELL! It's time for some new blood to give it a try.

I'm all signed up for Sunday's Cox Charities race in downtown Providence- the masters 35+ event. Looks like rain on Sunday will make it a dangerous and frightening race. The field limit of 125 riders has been filled I believe. That's the equivalent of 20,000 pounds of flesh and metal flying around a one mile course doing 30 mph. In a span of about 50 minutes, an aggregate 125,000 calories will be expended. 125 hearts will each beat a total of about 8000 times, 1 million beats all-together. Wish me and my heart and my legs and my ankle good luck. I'd like to go to work Monday without a new injury to explain..

1 comment:

Gulay said...

Reis is sooooo cute even he is a FB supporter, really how can you do that to your son....I even have a cat named Cim Bom so who am I to talk......

Hope the ankle recovers but really PPE should be worn all the time as the Husband is so fond of telling me when he can hear after forgetting his ear defenders......