America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

America's #1 Balance Bike Destination
America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

23 July 2006

So NOW What!!???

I'm taking antibiotics and painkillers. New pain is emerging in places that didn't hurt at the hospital.. I can't play with my son for fear of hurting myself. I can't sleep in the same bed as my wife because of the wounds and stitches- and because our son sleeps with us and tends to grab and kick, plus my injuries are all oozing fluid.. I can't shave because of the lacerations to my face.. I can't ride my bike because it's unsafe- the damage done to it might not be apparent and a failure could send me crashing at any time.. My left ankle has limited range of motion, as does my neck and left arm.. My whole back is aching.. My lower outer left leg muscle is bruised and painful- the car's bumper whacked it first.. I have nine stitches on my ear lobe and into my ear canal.. Left shoulder is missing skin and I can't wear a shirt without adding to the pain, even wearing a seatbelt hurts it.. My chest aches on the left near my armpit.. Other than that, I'm okay.
Tomorrow I'm supposed to drive 200 miles to a project in CT, early in the AM.. Should I go? Should I call in sick/injured? People are counting on me and breaking promises because of this accident is going to hurt my reputation... My beautiful SEIKO 5 Automatic watch is destroyed too- the crystal is shattered and the time stopped at the precise moment of impact: 6:21 PM. My co-workers are going to think I'm nuts.. This is my third trip to the ER in the past five months..

3 comments:

Oz Kanka said...

Did you bugger up the car you hit?

Murat Altinbasak said...

I don't know! But I know I left some of my skin and parts of my helmet somewhere on the bumper and wind-shield! Truthfully, it was an older American piece of crap, my bike is worth about $4000 and this car wasn't even worth my front wheel..

Gulay said...

Problem is that the fat useless basterds that drive these things are too busy drinking cofee and chatting on the cell, anything except concentrate on driving....Get well soon Murat