America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

America's #1 Balance Bike Destination
America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

25 August 2006

As The Wheel Turns: Flat tires and camel spit


Strangely productive day! I rode the bike to work, gathered my things, and hit the road for Connecticut. Visited three jobsites in a row and still made it back to the office at 5:45. Jumped on the bike and went home, where a hot meal was waiting for me courtesy of my beautiful and talented wife.

Bike stuff: Today while in Connecticut, there's two teenage girls riding their bikes along a busy road, clearly neither of them have any bike handling skills and they're putting their lives at risk... Worst of all, they did the unforgivable: crash helmets were REMOVED and dangling from their respective bike's HANDLEBARS! Who do they think they are? Paris Hilton and Nicole Ritchie? I HAD to roll down my window and say something, but they couldn't hear me too well and probably thought I was some kind of wing nut shouting obcenities... When you get hit by a car as I did, you tend to care about this kind of thing..

Also today, during my ride home from work, pfffffft flat tire. I patched it and continued of course, but five miles later, pfffffft again! The patch didn't stick very well and I had to stop again, not far from home to repair it again... Weird..

Tomorrow morning we are getting our custom granite kitchen counters delivered and installed. I must get up early to do some preparatory carpentry. Will probably go in to work late, where a mountain of work the size of Everest awaits me.. Watched Cinderella Man AGAIN tonight, with my mom who is visiting. I must say, this film makes "Rocky" et al, look like camel spit. -AT

No comments: