America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

America's #1 Balance Bike Destination
America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

10 August 2006

A Hitch-hiker's Guide to My Turkish Blogroll

I'd like to do a round-up of recently updated blogs, but there aren't that many who have been active... In all honesty, I'm way too tired to write up a nice and engaging report for you, as Deborah does for us regularly at Global Voices.. Instead I'll just give you a copy of my own latest blogroll at Amerikan Turk... with my gratuitous sarcasm added for levity. I'm probably not half as funny as I think I am, but I'm sure you'll forgive me...

Aegean Disclosure No comment- need more information!
Athanasia's Daily Burcu is silent for the past two weeks. Cat got your tongue?
Binnur's Turkish Cookbook Simit Kebap!
Derin Sular this one's in Turkish, which makes it hard for me to get into (Sorry Serdar)
Energy Newsletter TURKEY This one's a new discovery for me.. seems to be right up my alley
Erkan's field diary continues to set the bar way too high for the rest of us.. Erkan! Link to me and make my day!
Fabulous Finds Need a place to sit? Come see the latest designs, presumably cost prohibitive
Farid's crazy world... One of my favorites!! I want to hug him every time I read his blog
Global Voices Online ? Turkey This is Deborah's baby, and I consider it a privilege to have my blog mentioned in her reporting
Gulay, Galatasaray and the dogs*updated* Gulay, Gulay...Gulay...... Afflicted with the anti-FB chromosome. Gecmis olsun.. ;)
Hakan Aydin Hakan, get on the stick! We were eating out of your hand for a while there... Where are you?
Icarus Redeemed See above comment to Hakan, Celal.. Don't play hard to get. We hunger for your posts.
ignore me if you can Idil... my beautiful Belgian/Turkish long distance crush. I knew I married too young!
Mellow Musing Hilal: One month of inactivity- our patience grows thin! We want you back!
Metroblogging Istanbul This blog has many contributors, some are members here. Great site
Mutfaktakiler Elmali Tart! Looking forward to the next recipe
Obur Kedi [Glutton Cat] Good advice about onions just posted!
Sailing Nomad My other local friend up in Boston (Hakan lives up in Bean Town too) Ahmet is independently wealthy and lives on a yacht (kidding!)
SOCIOECONOMICS One of Serdar Kaya's other blogs (the one he neglects) Derin Sular is also Serdar's
Talk Turkey Metin- my fellow soldier, shoulder to shoulder with me in the fight against ignorance, mis-information and prejudice
The Infidel I want to smack him for that last contribution, but then I'd be a hypocrite because I looked at EVERY picture :)
The Need To Know Phanja. My other long-distance crush, and yet another reason why I wish I lived in Istanbul
The round ball in Ankara Got soccer? This is the place for Ankara fanatics, and not for any supporters of "the big three"
The White Path Mustafa Akyol is a journalist in the professional sense, has authored a book I can't read, because my Turkish is too weak
Turkish Delight When bad things happen to good people... Deborah's personal blog is addictive
Turkish Diary Selene is like 'mystery woman' to me. Hope to hear from her and make her a member here.
Turkish Digest*updated* This blog is updated with news about Turkey, many times a day! Often enough that I can't keep up!
TurkishSoccer.com Ahmet Turgut know soccer, and you don't know diddley. If soccer were a religion, he would be given sainthood
We are the Turks Want to see how many successful and dynamic Turks there are who you DON'T know yet? Pay a visit.
ZiddiBLOG The best blog out there which looks nothing like any other blog out there. We zig, he zags...

PS: If you're a member of Amerikan Turks Yahoo Group with a blog that I don't know about, please send me a link!
PS2: Our "chat" feature at Amerikan Turks Yahoo Group, is enabled. Maybe we should plan a live get together one of these days, on a weekend afternoon (US eastern time) Let me know if this interests any of you. It could be kind of fun.
PS3: I am back on the bike and stronger than ever! "We are created, by being destroyed"...

9 comments:

Murat Altinbasak said...

My bad, it appears that Yahoo has eliminated the 'chat' feature for groups.

NEW YORK MUHTARI said...

Hi there,

I had a chance to see your blog through another blog that I am very fond of, "Ignore me if you can".

BTW, Great posts!

Idil said...

I will wait for you always..not! HAH!
Thanks for mentioning me buddy ;)

selene said...

"mystery woman"? LOL
No mystery, just have a look on the net, there are plenty of websites where I appear... well, ok, most of them are in Italian but then the mystery has to do with you not knowing Italian ;-)

So, what am I supposed to do now?

Murat Altinbasak said...

New York Muhtari- Thank you very much for the compliment. I'm a New York native myself- born in Flushing and lived in College Point Queens until I was fifteen.

Murat Altinbasak said...

Idil, I will make you eat those words, oh cruel one.. ::Sniff::

Murat Altinbasak said...

Selene, no offense intended! Just that we've never chatted before and your picture is undeniably mysterious.. with the shades and all.. You could pass for a spy/assassin in a sci-fi flick!

Guilty as charged, I don't know Italian, no matter how many episodes of Sopranos I watch.

What you're supposed to do now is join our Amerikan Turks Yahoo Group and get to know a large number of bloggers interested in Turkey (no Italian or Turkish speaking allowed) There's a badge on my blog- red and blue- click it and join.

Litmus said...

more info?....Well, I want to tranfer 15 million three hundred US dollars from a bank in Kuala Lampur, Malaysia to an overseas bank account...

selene said...

Done! Thanks for inviting me :)

(and no, I was not offended. Actually I'm flattered ;-) )