America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

America's #1 Balance Bike Destination
America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

16 August 2006

I'm back...and packing water

...from a two day trip to CT. The most exciting event of which, was my purchase of a case of 24...1/2 liter bottles of Dasani water... This was at a Mobil gas station on route 6 in CT. (where I filled up my truck's gas tank for $75- $3.15 per gallon) I often buy water when I'm traveling, so the $5 cost of a case intrigued me. I went into the store to check the price of an individual bottle! $1.49 EACH!!!!! Duh! 24 of them would cost $36... Needless to say, I bought a case for $5. Works out to about 20 cents a bottle. Only in America!!!
Other than that, it was a pretty boring and uneventful trip. Almost forgot: Stayed at the Marriott Courtyard in Cromwell CT... Asked for a room and the girl says "it's $159 a night" without even looking up at me. "Hold on a second" I immediately replied. "Three weeks ago I stayed at the Wallingford Courtyard for about 1/2 of that price.. Why should I pay double? What's special about this location???". She types on her keyboard for a sec and then says "Okay how about $109??".
What the fuck? Opening my mouth saves me $50???? I should have pressed for a bigger discount, but I was tired. Clearly she mistook me for someone who has never stayed at the Marriott. Went to my room and found that it was a handicapped unit without a bath tub- it had an ADA compliant shower stall instead. Also, the room smelled like pee. So Ebru called and bitched and got us switched to another room, with a four person jacuzzi.. for the same price. So I guess the policy is: "If the customer negotiates a lower price, give them the shittiest most undesirable room we have." Not on my watch! Shame on you Marriot!

3 comments:

super hero said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
super hero said...

$109 for a night?

dude i am going to pay almost half of it for a 5 star hotel holiday including everything i eat and drink in Turkey, Alanya. ok, i had some connections so they made a discount for me. but $109? way too much.

Anonymous said...

I get Dasani by the case (24 bottles) for $4.99 at Target or Costco. I can't believe Coca-Cola has me paying for drinking water, but it is better than tap water...