America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

America's #1 Balance Bike Destination
America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

07 September 2006

Angels & Airwaves


I was never a die hard Blink 182 fan (I do own their last disc), but a song I heard on the radio really caught my attention and next thing you know I own a copy of the new Angels & Airwaves disc, featuring the former Blink front man Tom DeLonge. Here's the video clip for their next hit called The Adventure. You'll see more of it here than you ever will on MTV (where hip-hop and rap prevails 24/7- UGH) So far, I am hooked on this disc completely. So many influences: The Cure, U2, New Order, Depeche Mode, I can sense it all in there. Very cosmic theme. The artwork and the song titles remind me of a classic Kansas album- Point of Know Return. Here's the song which originally piqued my curiosity: Do It For Me Now. According to Tom (from last December):
"In January the single and video will drop and you'll see a whole new generation of Mods appearing everywhere, based on the kids in the '60s on their Vespas that were interested in modern living and modern fashion," he laughed. "I'm going to usher in this entire new culture of the youth, obsessed with the future. Because we're not going to be one of those rock bands that take photos sitting on dirty curbs, pretending to be like every other rock band of the past 10 years. Angels & Airwaves will be all about the future."

No comments: