America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

America's #1 Balance Bike Destination
America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

20 September 2006

A Shocking Discovery for Murat

I practically have a mullet and it's always a mess, like I just rolled out of bed or something. Kind of like Mario Cippolini (pictured), but less groomed.
Anyways, I had about enough of the lion's mane and wanted to clip it short, like no 2 clippers short, and went to my barber during my lunch break. I've been going to him for four years now. That's funny, the door's locked. But the barber pole is spinning, so he must be in the bathroom or out to lunch himself... I spy an old woman in the store and knock on the glass. She fumbles with the deadbolt and after much effort, opens the door. "Can I help you?"..."I'm here for a haircut."..."Mario passed away two months ago..." ....
I went home pretty depressed, just to tell my wife. My barber Mario was a hunch-backed 90 year old man who weighed about 90 pounds soaking wet. He never learned my name, partly because I let so much time pass between cuts, he had trouble recognizing me... His hands would literally shake when he wasn't working, but the second he picked up the scissors, or trimmer or razor, he was nerves of steel. Worked right up until his death. God bless him. Mario would fuss over my hair for 30 minutes on some occasions, trimming and shaping and shaving my neck..just..so.. He would charge only $8 and I'd always pay him $10. Wish I got to know you better Mario. Rest in peace. I will miss being your customer, miss introducing myself to you at every visit.

No comments: