America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

America's #1 Balance Bike Destination
America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

17 November 2006

I'm falling apart, taking pictures and need sponsors

Murat is still sick and went to work regardless in the morning. Having promised my foreman at a certain project that I would visit today and help clarify things, I left the office at 11:00, never to return. Took a couple of random pictures during my voyage which I think are pretty cool. Overheard on the radio today about a woman who rode her bicycle 3200 miles to raise awareness for breast cancer. Fine and dandy.. Why don't I do something similar? For the life of me, I can't think of anything which I want to raise awareness for. My creative juices stopped flowing when I caught this cold... Well not totally... because I DID think of an idea about the miles I've ridden my bike this year so far.. Seems I've far surpassed 4000 miles in 2006.. all I need to do is attach myself to a cause and call the news bureaus. "Hey I just rode my 4,500th mile this year on my bike, to raise awareness for ______ ______!" (You fill in the blank for me.) All year I've been thinking about ordering custom cycling shorts and jerseys which advertise this blog, Amerikan Turk, and others (in exchange for a contribution which I can use to defray my training and racing expenses). Not a lot of time left before I need to order clothing for the 2007 season, so if this idea makes any sense at all I had better develop a marketing plan and start signing up sponsors... Who wants to buy advertising space?

2 comments:

Elif said...

Murat, I would love to fill the blank.

"Hey I just rode my 4,500th mile this year on my bike, to raise awareness for PSEUDOSANITY OF A PHD WANNABE!"

Murat Altinbasak said...

I don't get it..