America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

America's #1 Balance Bike Destination
America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

21 November 2006

Orhan Pamuk: Brazilian Peas

Reading his book istanbul, has been a pleasure so far.. It's funny how hungry I am to find relatability. Found a few things actually. What follows is something which isn't foreign to me:
"...there must be a link between peas and Brazil- not just because
Brazil is Brezilya in Turkish and the word for pea is bezelye
but also because the Brazilian flag has, it seems, an enormous pea on
it..."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blame that weenie's attitude on those dickheads from 9/11!

Anonymous said...

He just spoke at Wash U. in St Louis yesterday and I missed it because I had to work. So sad. But then this morning I randomly passed him on the street and got a chance to say a quick hello. I think he was surprised to see a very un-Turkish looking guy call him Orhan Bey.

Murat Altinbasak said...

Good for you Peter Bey! I'm glad you bumped into him.