America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

America's #1 Balance Bike Destination
America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

31 December 2006

Defining Moment of 2006

Looking back upon the past year, particularly at my racing results, the 23rd place finish I earned at Topsfield stands out in my mind as the best day I had all season, possibly my peak. Seems pretty silly to be proud of a 23rd place finish, but when you consider that it was the first road race I've done since 1989 (I usually stick to criteriums), that it was a stacked field of pros, cat 1, 2 and 3s, and that my placing among fellow Cat 2 racers was 13th, I believe that that it's a successful performance. The other 2006 event which I'm happy about was my 6th place at Wells Ave on August 27th. True, it's just a training race, but it a large and prestigious one. This was the first time I had ever cracked the top six. Twelve months from now, I resolve to have much better results to brag about, I promise myself and I promise you.

No comments: