America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

America's #1 Balance Bike Destination
America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

06 December 2006

Four Day Weekend (?)

I have the next two days off. Of course Murat worked until 9:30 tonight to make a minimally acceptable dent in his work load. Tomorrow, father-in-law returns to Turkey, so we're driving down to the Big Apple in the AM. Will likely make a pit stop at Uncle Ozcan's house, so that we can see my newest cousin and let Reis play with my 2nd newest cousin Rana (they're the same age). After depositing Ebru's father at JFK in the afternoon, anything's possible. I must say I hate New York, even though I lived there for 15 years.. Maybe I'll visit my sister Elif or my cousin Nilsun, who knows? Most likely, we'll hit the road and return home straight away. New York gives me a headache... In other news, Metin and I were each invited to contribute to the Washington Post blog recently. I'm not at all impressed with what I said, but if my goal was to give the most un-academic entry possible, mission accomplished. Having little inspiration to draw from, I had to dig pretty deep to come up with that tripe, and I even recycled some of my older material. The subject matter: "Is the Pope 'right' about Turkey belonging in the EU?"
My answer is 'no'... but what I don't say is that I still want it to happen... without changing Turkey into a lap dog for the West.

No comments: