America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

America's #1 Balance Bike Destination
America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

26 December 2006

Time to go shop for a car (and a Portable DVR)

Yes the lease on my Honda Odyssey is up in a couple of months and I'm in the market for something new. Another Odyssey? Maybe a Toyota Sienna?. Or perhaps Chrysler Town & Country? Whatever it is, I'm sure it will cost me $400+ per month for the payment, plus about $50 a month a month in property tax plus about $75 a month for insurance... not to mention gas-up of about $200 a month.. Indeed, driving a new car in the US costs more than most Americans pay to rent an apartment, among other more heinous comparisons. How wrong is that?
Incidentally, nobody I know, no matter how much money they make, pays cash for their new vehicles. Americans would sooner eat Macaroni & Cheese everyday, or buy their clothing at the Salvation Army thrift shop, than give up their sweetly toxic smelling new rides. Too bad the new car high only lasts a few months.. Alas, we're conditioned to accept this life long burden on our finances as if it's an absolute necessity. I'm living proof.

No comments: