America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

America's #1 Balance Bike Destination
America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

29 January 2007

All's well that ends well

Today started out on the low-end of the seratonin scale.. even though I was able to sleep in a little bit (I took the morning off). Dad's chemotherapy appointment was at 9:45.. I feel like a fish out of water whenever Ebru and Reis are not with me. So much to do.. so much free time to take advantage of.. a man can go insane, especially when they're afflicted with the 'all-or-nothing' OCD as I am.. I went to work at 1:30, sat through a production meeting and excused myself early to go "make some phone calls".. Thought about putting on my coat and going home not less than five times, but guilt- my other affliction, kept me at the office until 6:00.. Practising my new yo-yo technique while barking at clients and associates on speakerphone, blunted the pain of exerting minimal effort to my responsibilities. (For the all-or-nothing personality, anything between all or nothing, hurts) Now it's almost 11:00 and I just completed an hour's work-out on my rollers. Feeling strong enough now that I don't want to sleep again, not until I fall down exhausted. The chart you see represents my work-out. It shows my speed, heart rate (in red of course) among a variety of other technical info about my 'body machine'. Can you name another blogger who so literally puts his heart into his blog?

5 comments:

gurkan said...

I'm sorry to hear that your father is going thru chemotherapy. This must be a very painful time for you and your loved ones, and my heart goes out to you.

I wish your father a speedy recovery.

You have a good heart Murat.
Thank you for sharing it.

metin said...

sorry to hear about your dad . . . didn't know . . . please offer him my best wishes for better health and a happy, as well as a long life.

Murat Altinbasak said...

Many thanks to you both, gurkan and metin.
:)

Gulay said...

andy here, i know what you are feeling, my father had the same but never recovered....sympathy

Murat Altinbasak said...

Thanks Andy.