America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

America's #1 Balance Bike Destination
America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

03 January 2007

Bloglar Alemi: Blog of the Month

It was by accident that I recently (and happily) discovered that Amerikan Turk earned a distinguishing achievement: Blog of the Month over at the number one Turkish blog portal, Bloglar Alemi. You can read what was said about yours truly, in both Turkish and English, by clicking here. My open message of thanks to those responsible for requiring me to continue working hard at this, is as follows..
I am eternally grateful for your generous recommendation. Receiving such a good
review of Amerikan Turk is very intoxicating- you practically have to pull me
down from the ceiling like a balloon!Recent enhancements to my template were
added before I read this! Call it my seventh sense or intuition, my sixth sense
being the detection of and aversion to, unnecessary work..All kidding aside, I
hungrily accept any comments ideas, criticism, compliments and hate-mail
regarding Amerikan Turk's design and layout. I'd even pay money for a competent
person to go in and tighten up the code, add a 3rd column and make it more
attractive..Lastly, I must salute the team of BLOGLAR ALEMI for creating such an
excellent venue for Turkish blogs and their readers. You are distilling out all
of the white noise of the blogosphere and serving up the refined purity for all
to consume. Lest we forget, information has a shelf life, and fresh content is a
perishable and consumable commodity requiring continuous replenishment..I am
proud to count Amerkian Turk among the previously selected 'blogs of the month'.
Thank you.

8 comments:

metin said...

Congrats Murat!

Infidel said...

Congratulations, Murat. That is truly fantastic, and you certainly deserve it... And you were depressed about not knowing where this blogging thing was leading you.... Buhumbug, I say!!! It's celebration time, pull out the Dom Perignon from the cellar and toast to yourself.

Cheers,

Murat Altinbasak said...

Thank you much Metin and The Infidel..
Don't have any Dom Perignon in the house, but I do have one bottle of Hoegaarden Belgian white beer left in the fridge from New Year's.. Almost fell down the stairs just now as I went to retrieve it.. Thought I was on the last step, but there was one more..
Here's to "stick-to-it-ive-ness"!
Happy new year.

Ardent said...

Congratulations for your achievement. I can be honest and say that I read your Blog everyday.
I am an early riser, I get up at 6.30am everyday, read all the newspapers on line and visit certain blogs, including yours, before starting my day.

As an Australian-Turk, I appreciate the fact that it is written in English.

Keep up the good work! I like the fact that I can read American opinions from American-Turks. Your opinions are well thought out and are not offensive.

I don't know how you get the time to do your blogging with your work committments, riding and fatherhood.

My husband also rides. Unlike yourself, he rides a Harley and is a member of the Harley Owners Group.

Keep up the good work.

Bloglar Alemi said...

Murat said: "I must salute the team of BLOGLAR ALEMI for creating such an excellent venue for Turkish blogs and their readers. You are distilling out all of the white noise of the blogosphere and serving up the refined purity for all to consume."

This is exactly what we are trying to do at BloglarAlemi.com. The quotation would be a perfect entry to a 'testimonials' page! :)

Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Honestly, I was expecting this. You deserve it.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Murat:) its right, you definetely deserve this.

Murat Altinbasak said...

Burcu, Dilek..
Thanks.