America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

America's #1 Balance Bike Destination
America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

24 January 2007

A Hitch-hiker's guide to Turkish Blogs- 3rd Edition begins now

I've decided to give this a slow start in lieu of no start, because it does indeed take a long time to cover everyone in one sitting. Hopefully you don't mind if I add 1-2 blogs to this list every couple of days.
The Need To Know: Phanja is one who could not possibly have lived only in Turkey. Such excellent command of the English language normally requires one to be born and raised in the US. What's quite deficient though is the frequency of posts in her blog. I'd love to discuss her latest contribution, but you'd be more entertained by watching paint dry.. I think we're averaging one post every two to three months. Gets to be quite a disappointment every time I visit and search for life.. which consists primarily of occasional comments left by myself and others. I am selecting Phanja as January's recipient of the coveted "Waste of Bandwidth Award".. A distinction which underscores the position of blogging within her list of priorities, and which is intended to get her off her tookus and typing..something..anything!. Hopefully this reaches her and we get to read an acceptance speech in a few weeks. Until then.. click here if seeing cobwebs and hearing crickets chirp is what turns your crank..
Recipients of the "Waste of Bandwidth Award" get to choose next month's recipient (Unless of course you ignore this and receive it again next month by default, Phanja) Just please avoid plagiarizing yourself.. review your last episode of excusitis: Because I just don't care..

7 comments:

metin said...

If she doesn't post for another two years, her most recent post can be sufficient and fresh for the elections of 2008. what a 'timeless' piece!

Murat Altinbasak said...

You're right Metin. I dismissed it completely because I've seen it so many times. So I hereby retract my "watching paint dry" comment. It was really just meant to mean that it was an old post.

dbadioxide said...

its ironic, after i read this post of hers it made me finally move to start watching greys anatomy which i dont stop talking about now these days!

dbadioxide said...

and i definetely agree. she has an excellent and strong command of english and expression.

Murat Altinbasak said...

Yes Dee.. plus articulate, witty and in-demand. Why else wuld we go to the trouble of roasting her? Easy on the eyes too.

Phanja said...

Oh damn my comment is gone. What is it with the secure-unsecure items stuff?

Apart from some being funny-ness, just letting you know I did update the blog.

Murat Altinbasak said...

phanja,
Thanks for being such a good sport. The name of this award is kind of misleading. It implies that the content of the winner's blog sucks.. Surely you realize that us die-hard phanja fans would not show any interest if this were true. In the end, we got what we wanted. I'm going to read a word-a-day of your last post, so that it lasts me until the next one.
:)