America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

America's #1 Balance Bike Destination
America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

04 January 2007

Where I stand in 199 words

Had the most severe episode of sleep paralysis last night.. Terrifying. Went to work 3 hours late on Tuesday.. apparently the new year also scares me. Weighed in at 179 this morning.. Need to keep it under 180 if I'm going to have a strong early season on the bike. Trading in our Honda Odyssey tomorrow for a brand new one.. Love that new car smell, but parting with the old one will be emotional. Discovered today that you can be declined life insurance if you tell them you plan to travel to Turkey for two weeks a year.. They should put my mouth in a circus- you can park a truck in there sometimes. Cancelled HBO service today.. new Sopranos season doesn't start until April 8th. Big Love? Who knows.. Going to be all alone during February.. Ebru and Reis are going to Turkey for a month and I miss them already. Spring training camp in San Diego? Majorca? Argentina? I will be in a warm place for at least a week in February. Anyone down south want to take in a Turkish has-been bike racer for a week? Florida or SoCal preferred. I can house-sit!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Discovered today that you can be declined life insurance if you tell them you plan to travel to Turkey for two weeks a year"...

I'd like to hear more about this. This wounds weird. Does this also mean that, if we die, they can deny payments to our family because we 'misrepresented' and actually went to Turkey for a few weeks last year?

-hakan

Murat Altinbasak said...

Yes, they can Hakan, if they were never told about the possibility. I believe this applies only to the first two years of coverage, which carry conditions. My cost for a $1 million policy doubled from $600 to $1200 a year when anannual two week vacation in Turkey was added to the application. I'm still working on getting a policy and will choose either AIG or Metlife(who already insure my cars, home and dental needs)