America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

America's #1 Balance Bike Destination
America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

04 February 2007

Murat crashes off the bike, riding in the house

I certainly realize that these charts induce drowsiness, but that's okay. I am awake enough for the two of us after this one hour death march on the rollers. What distinguishes tonight's balancing act is that I fell off! during the 36th minute. (see the sudden dip in the blue speed graph? oh and check the sudden spike in heart rate too in that instant) I put a bottle of water on the window sill to my left, instead of in the bike's bottle cage... Being conditioned to ride on the rollers [one handed] only with my left hand, when I tried to ride using only my right, the wheels went off the drums and landed on the hardwood floor. I braced myself on the window, spilling water everywhere in the process. No injuries, thank goodness. I managed to stay almost vertical, and got right back into it after taking a drink. That's the first time I've ever fallen off the rollers in the 17 years that I've owned them. I know of someone who died falling off of rollers.. Last night I dreamt that a giant airliner crashed into the neighborhood where I grew up, destroying all of the waterfront homes across the street from ours.. WTF?

5 comments:

gewilli said...

The guy in michigan riding rollers, a sty at home dad, semi-pro bike racer, 2 year old daughter playing in playpen he fell through the glass french doors off the rollers... was able to get to the phone but lost blood too quickly and died...

its fun riding off rollers, isn't it, at least when you realize it could be much worse...

Murat Altinbasak said...

I should stay away from glass then. Seriously, my elbow could have gone through the window, I whacked it pretty hard to save myself. The fellow in Michigan- I thought I read about it on a blog, must have been yours. Spin class Wed in Attleboro at 7:00. You should go.

gewilli said...

me... spin class?

i don't think i can turn the pedals fast enough for it to be called spinning ;) LMAO

yeah - prolly me writing about it awhile back...

besides... Attleboro is WAY far away... ;)

Geert said...

G, wait till you get a look at Cheryl. You'll sign up for any spill class she teaches

Gulay said...

i have a flywheel, safer!!!