America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

America's #1 Balance Bike Destination
America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

19 February 2007

Murat's the Proud Owner of a 19th Century Cervical Dilator

I am stunned. One lot of tools I won at auction this past Saturday contains the implement you see pictured. I actually used it yesterday to extract the base of the light bulb which broke off inside of our clothes dryer... I was about to list it on Ebay and was doing my usual research to figure out exactly what it was for.. Then I found this site with images of horrifying tools schematics of how they were used, way back when.. Not for the faint of heart. Strong stomachs only. Scroll to the bottom and you will see a very similar tool, used for dilating a woman's cervix. You can buy mine here.

No comments: