America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

America's #1 Balance Bike Destination
America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

21 March 2007

Christopher Michael Barrios: Rest in Peace

vert.missing.boy.ap.jpg
As the father of a 3-1/2 year old boy, I mourn the death of Christopher and hope that his parents have the strength to bear this terrible loss. I can't help but fixate more on the how than the why.. because it is the thought of a child being injured and terrified by events not in their control, which gives parents the most pain. Back before Reis was born, I didn't give such stories a second glance. Nowadays they attract me for whatever reason. The pain which this family now endures, I swear I can feel it... it's as if the marrow in my bones is sizzling. This is no special distinction other than perhaps, being a fellow parent. I wish I could take some of their pain away and give them some relief. But no, I only add to the collective pain of all the like minded ones who read this story and also mourn the child of another. As it should be.

1 comment:

Connie said...

I never had the chance to meet Christopher. I read about the sad tragedy in the AJC and later got the opportunity to meet his family. I have 2 sons of my own and I know there are no words I can offer to everyone involved in cases like this. I know they are with God now and they are the stars shining here tonight. The criminals involved deserve to be gone instead of sitting in prison getting fat off of our taxes. All I can say to you is God bless you and we all know there is a place is Hell for these offenders. My entire family knows of Christopher and now I will pray for you as well. I am so sorry for your loss. You can email me at connie_mobley30528@yahoo.com if you would like. God bless you and take care.