America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

America's #1 Balance Bike Destination
America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

10 July 2007

Some chest beating for my non-bike racing readers

Murat has moved up in the rankings! I'm now 6th in the USCF Masters Criterium Rankings for the state of Rhode Island. My results from this past weekend's race in New Britain CT helped to put me there, with a 12th place in the 35+ event and then a 14th place in the 30+ event which followed. Nationally.. Murat is ranked 286th out of all Masters (age 30-99) in the US, out of 3974 total competitors. For what it's worth, I'm happy about my position and look forward to moving higher still on the bike race food chain, before this season ends.
Tell me, how ridiculous is it that for the past five or so years, myself and another Turkish bike racer have competed at the same New Britain event about 10 times, sometimes in the same race, and never met or even seen eachother? Turgut Balikci earned a solid and respectable 8th place in the Masters 45+ event on Sunday.. Turgut, are you avoiding me or what? My bike has a Turkish flag AND my name on it, right above the rear brake caliper. A month ago at the Nutmeg Criterium, we were both in the 35+ race. Would sure help if I knew what he looked like.
Is it 'Nationalist' of me to want to meet another Turkish bike racer? :)

6 comments:

Bill Hicks said...

Dude, where you been training?

Noel said...

Congrats to you on your ranking, Murat! This comes from one of your non-biking readers!

Anonymous said...

Let your actions speak for themselves.-

Bill Hicks said...

No, its just a natural yearning to check in with your own clansmen...I do the same thing when I bump into a western European mongrel such as I...so hard to find.

LOL

Murat Altinbasak said...

Bill I train lots of places, but I'm on the bike path twice a day!

Thank you Noel.

Anonymous said...

What I meant is that if you are good, you don't need to tell anyone. They will tell you. Let your actions speak for themselves.