America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

America's #1 Balance Bike Destination
America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

24 July 2007

Year to date miles: 4,694

I don't believe it either.. but it's definitely time for me to get some great results. Looking at the power numbers.. I've trained much harder solo, than I raced on Saturday in Attleboro, and it's unacceptable. No more pissing and moaning and excuses. My form is better than it's ever been, yet I'm blowing it with bad habits such as self-doubt, hesitance and fear. I'm also over-estimating the strength of the competition. No more. It's time to make all of this training worth something. The gloves are off.

3 comments:

Oz Kanka said...

Keep going Murat, not long before you make it to Turkey.

New York - Istanbul 5214.65 miles

nhrider said...

Murat,

Do you think you are suffering from overtraining?

William Hicks said...

Whoa! That ain't nothin' to sneeze at for sure... Serious mileage man...I think that's about what I've done in the past ten years! If I do 35 miles a day for the entire 94 days of summer, which ain't possible, but maybe I can get close... I come up with 3290 miles... That's about all I could muster right now. Maybe the overtraining thing might be worth lookin' into. I was a victim of it when I was a junior... I saw it quite a bit with the younger riders back in the day... We would be out there riding 75-100 miles a day (five or so days a week) and wonder why we didn't have anything left on race day...

How do you compute watts on the fly?