America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

America's #1 Balance Bike Destination
America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

19 September 2007

Close Encounters with other bloggers

Before my trip to Turkey last month, the day before leaving actually, I had the honor of meeting two bloggers for coffee in the morning. They were passing through Providence on their way to Boston's Logan Airport and contacted me in advance. I won't reveal their identities, but I will say this much: I wasn't planning on meeting two bloggers on that day, just one.. and his spouse. Turns out that my blog friend was married to the author of another blog in my Blogroll. Astonishing. Meeting both of them was one thing, discovering they are married was quite another.
Then in Turkey, I tried to arrange for a meeting with
Hans, Erkan and Idil, but plans fell through at the last minute, with Hans falling ill, Idil blowing me off.. er, going to work, and Erkan attending a conference which I could not get to. I did get to speak with each of them on the phone, however.. and that was a treat, though way short of a consolation. Maybe next time!

8 comments:

Metin said...

sorry that u couldn't get to meet the bloggers in Istanbul. I understand the legitimate excuses of the two you mentioned, but the one that "went to work" sounds suspicious.

erkan said...

well, i believe Murat you should be the one to be blamed. How come you plan to spare so little time for Istanbul? This is a big city and all of us have complications. We had only one evening to meet and it could not happen....

Murat said...

Oh dear Erkan! Surely you do not think I am deflecting blame! I just told it like it is. Two weeks is a very short time to spend in Turkey. That we even spent a single day in Istanbul is a miracle! Maybe one day the wind will blow you to Providence!

Murat said...

Metin.. Idil speaks the most charming and perfect English which you ever heard.

Hans said...

I was really looking forward to meet you Murat, but that day I really was not well. Have some problems with my imune system lately, also due to the terrible heat and long summer...
2nd Bayram will probably to the USA and Mexico but everything depends on work...
regards

Idil said...

Yes Metin, she does speak the most charming english :P. And she also works for a living, she doesn't get to sleep with celebrities and then blow off their hard earned cash on iphone giveaways etc. I was working the late shift at work that day and was fortunate enough to speak to an adorable Murat on the phone.
When Metin comes to Turkey though we'll make sure that all borders are alerted as to the arrival of americas biggest trouble maker.

Metin said...

Idil: Thanks for the kind words. When I come to Turkey, I'll make sure to leave you off my list of people to see, and instead hang out with people whose command of the English language is one not used for character assassination.

Idil said...

It was a joke dear, calm down. I wasn't trying to offend you.