America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

America's #1 Balance Bike Destination
America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

24 September 2007

Feeling Loopy

Ever since returning from Turkey and crashing in the race last Sunday and nursing all my wounds and falling back in love with our home here in Rhode Island (we cleared our extra lot of trees and we're about to hydroseed it and turn it into a playground for our son).. among other things.. I'm feeling kind of weird. As if the past 3-4 weeks was the mid-point intermission of an epic movie, and the 2nd half of it is about to begin.. Is this mid life? I'm only 36! For whatever reason, I feel fired up like an athlete emerging from the locker room after half time. At the same time there's a little bit of fear, some anxiety, and some urgency all tossed together with some cautious optimism. One full week of refraining from riding the bicycle might have caused an accumulation of pent up energy as well. I don't know where to begin, what to focus on, or what to abandon (I can't do it all). Time never stops.. and that's what causes me the most panic of all.
243818-508473-thumbnail.jpg

No comments: