America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

America's #1 Balance Bike Destination
America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

25 September 2007

Road Rash: Not for the Squeamish!

Okay.. Caulk this up as the most disgusting post I've ever given you.. If you have a weakness for the sight of blood and/or asphalt abrasion injuries, do not scroll down (yet I know you will anyway) With all of the well wishers asking how I'm healing up, I owe it to them to give the most accurate answer possible. Pictures speak a thousand words! I'm healing fast. No infections. The body is a miraculously remarkable regenerating machine with natural self defense mechanisms.. even pain killers! After a physical injury, endorphins activate opiate receptors and produce an analgesic effect, alleviating severe pain. This doesn't last for very long, regrettably. Above: Two days after the crash. Below: Six days later.

Above: Day after the crash. Below: One week later.


Above: Day after he crash. Below: One week later. (Yes I've been picking at this one and snipping away the arm hairs that are caught in the scab.)

3 comments:

Metin said...

Gecmis Olsun!

Maybe it's time to retire or start using steroids old man!

:)

How're you enjoying house arrest, I mean rest . . .

NEW YORK MUHTARI said...

Hello Murat,

I could not look all the photos (the first one was impressive enough) but how are you feeling now? Are you in the hospital, home???

When I was little, my sister decided that she was old enough to ride her bike on a busy street and boom she ended with permanenet scars on her face.. and because of her accident I never learned to ride.. Seeing your photos reminded that accident and made me realize I am never going to learn this sport...for the fear of getting scars like yours or my sister's.

Wishing you well.

Korkak Muhtar

Murat said...

House Arrest? I went to work the day after the accident! It sucked.
new york muhtari: Please learn to ride a bike. You don't know what you're missing!
I never went to the hospital. Took care of the first aid myself (I carry a big first aid kit with me in the car with me when I race) No serious painkillers either (except Advil). I like to monitor the pain and make sure there isn't any internal injury. Thanks btw! I'm aout 80% healed up. Just a lot of itchy scabs which I'm picking at..