America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

America's #1 Balance Bike Destination
America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

19 November 2007

Bangladesh is banged up pretty bad

The reports coming out of Bangladesh indicate that the cyclone's death toll is over 3000.
Here's the latest story. Some say it could reach 10,000 once the more remote islands are reached by rescuers. This event has been at the back of my mind for the past many days, and like many, I've been sort of blocking it out. It's like there's a circuit in my brain which controls avoiding and overload of too much pain and suffering. It's tripped recently, hence my avoidance of getting into the terrible details of this tragedy. Now that the numbers are going off the chart, it's hard to ignore. Does it make a difference that this happened to Bangladesh? I think it does. How much does the average person know about Bangladesh? I am as ignorant as any other.. and when something like this happens in a part of the world which doesn't really interest us, we pay little mind to it, regrettably.
I think it's true that there's simply too much death, disaster and destruction (the three Ds) to keep up with these days. My guilt is probably incorrect, but my heart's in the right place I hope.  

1 comment:

Metin said...

With all the overpopulation, God has a way of controlling the masses . . .

Harsh but true . . .