America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

America's #1 Balance Bike Destination
America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

27 November 2007

Hella Good: The Greek Military in Beenies and Mini Skirts

..and cute vests. I am sure to catch hell for poking fun, but so be it. Better men have done worse. When will someone realize that this is by far the LEAST intimidating military uniform on earth?! I know it has historic significance and I know it is honorable for these men to wear it.. but.. I'm more likely to run for my life from a 14 year old LA "gangsta" than from one of these guys. The brutal truth. Please enlighten me.. Is this purely ceremonial? If it is, kind of like the Turkish "Mehter", then I'll understand.  
Photo
A Greek army officer adjusts the guard of honor before a visit by Albanian President Bamir Topi in Athens, Greece, November 26, 2007. REUTERS/John Kolesidis

1 comment:

VatanMilletbanaZillet said...

Oh, C'mon! You MUST be frightened by the mighty 'POM-Pom's' at the tip of their shoes...