America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

America's #1 Balance Bike Destination
America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

07 November 2007

Unsportsmanlike Conduct in the Liverpool-Besiktas thrashing?

Steven Gerrard is an asshole! So what's the real story? I missed the game.
Photo
Besiktas' Hakan Arikan reacts after clashing with Liverpool's Steven Gerrard during their Champions League Group A soccer match at Anfield in Liverpool, northern England, November 6, 2007.(BRITAIN)  REUTERS/Phil Noble
Photo
Liverpool's Steven Gerrard (L) clashes with Besiktas' Hakan Arikan during their Champions League Group A soccer match at Anfield in Liverpool, northern England, November 6, 2007. (BRITAIN)  REUTERS/Phil Noble

9 comments:

Metin said...

It was a total embarrassment.

The score could've easily been 10 or 11-0, as the referee didn't award some penalties.

Maybe we should have the top teams in Turkey play each other all the time and call it the World Series. At least we would have some international wins under our belt.

TURKISHSOCCER said...

Murat, I watched the match live... it was disaster..I am shame to be Besiktas fan...

Gulay said...

and these king of challenges are common in the English Premier League, is it only a problem cos Gerrard kicked a Turkish player in the face????

Metin said...

The Turks also play rough as well. Gulay is right.

Murat Altinbasak said...

"is it only a problem cos Gerrard kicked a Turkish player in the face????"

I'm not sure, you tell me: Is it not a problem because a Turkish player was kicked in the face? Why even go there?
I'm a naive ignorant buffoon who doesn't find it sportsmanlike to boot a goalie in the chops. Doesn't matter what country he's from!

Gulay said...

Murat, I watched the game and the incident was nothing more than a 50/50 challenge for the ball of the kind goalkeepers always come off worse, I should know I'm married to one!!!!. If you take a single still picture of course it looks bad but in reality it was quite a minor incident.

TURKISHSOCCER said...

Murat, I agree with Gulay hanim, it was clean, 50/50 ball...He did not kick him...I think that picture does not tell the truth...

Ahmet

Oz Kanka said...

Gulay said: "challenge for the ball of the kind goalkeepers always come off worse, I should know I'm married to one!!!!"

I'd advise the husband not to race you for the last beer in the fridge. I read somewhere that the most accidents in the home happen in the kitchen.

Murat Altinbasak said...

Okay everyone! I get the picture. That guy is not an asshole. My bad.