29 December 2007
28 December 2007
..State Quarter . It has the most distinctive and cleanest look of them all, IMHO. Check your pockets, you might have one.
On the other hand.. Utah's state quarter has me scratching my head.. (Check your pockets, get rid of these..) That vertical figure in the center looks like I-don't-know-what, positioned in between two spread legs.. I'm not a perv.. just highly visual. I see things.. Making those mountains nearly symmetrical- big mistake! The only thing missing here is a tunnel! Utah, what were you thinking? Is that Brokeback Mountain or a person's crotch in the background? Ugh.
27 December 2007
26 December 2007
A Seattle family of six, including a three year old and a six year old, are murdered Christmas Eve
A seventeen year old kid is mauled to death in a San Fran zoo
A young girl in San Antonio is killed trying out her new Christmas bike
34 die in Nigerian pipeline explosion
Three die in Egypt building collapse
Two women in Omaha Nebraska are killed, found in basement, their daughter raped and assaulted
Five die in Belgian copter crash
Sure stuff like this happens every day, but when misfortunes such as murder, accidental death and unusual cruelty occur on or around Christmas, don't we all take a little more notice?
Where was the Big Guy? Too much egg nog?
24 December 2007
21 December 2007
20 December 2007
What you might have been...
If you had haaaad mooooore time..
The moral: don't let your head hit the pillow each night without the satisfaction of knowing that you did everything humanly possible to advance towards achieving your goals.. What can be worse than looking back upon your life and seeing that you squandered your most precious asset? Time... You don't even KNOW how much of it you have left!
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry
17 December 2007
11 December 2007
10 December 2007
06 December 2007
04 December 2007
03 December 2007
My father gets a 30 day supply (180 pills) of Vicodin for $11.69 at Rite Aid. (he has no insurance) My dentist gives me a seven day supply (15 pills) of the same exact drug, and I pay CVS Pharmacy a $20 CO-PAY!?!?!? What the fuck is wrong here? According to Rite Aid's pricing, my 15 pills should have cost me 97 cents. I'm going to CVS tomorrow to ask for my money back. Mark my words.. The health insurance industry is a JOKE. My wife went to her doctor the other day to get a very sore throat looked at. They told her to go home and take Advil.. Fuck you! Pardon me.. actually the doctor couldn't be bothered so the RN tends to my wife. Then we get a notice in the mail telling us that our insurance was billed $80, and that we owe them a $20 Co-Pay.. This will not stand. Not on my watch. You don't charge $80 just because you told someone to take Advil. Prescribe some antibiotics for Christ's sake you fornicator of hard working Americans!
And while I'm fired up I may as well list some of the companies I will NEVER do business with because of their "you're a retard" advertising on the radio:
Belden Jewelers, Tarbox Hyundai/Toyota etc, My Free Laptop dot com, Pride Ford/Hyundai, Kay Jewelers, and any company with ads in which an inanimate object like a box of cereal "speaks" and says "Hi, I'm a box of cereal" and any car dealer who hires a deep throated asshole who sounds like he's announcing the end of the world. You've insulted the intelligence of radio listeners for too long. You're black-listed. You suck balls. I'll add more loser companies as the mood strikes. Belden and Kay, I hate you especially. I would sooner stab myself in the eye with my letter opener than buy a watch battery from you.
Gulay, Galatasaray and the dogs
ignore me if you can
- I used to own a cockatiel which I named "Schulzie" and a mutt I picked up at the dog pound which I named "Fritz". I gave Schulzie away because I couldn't take care of him, and Fritzs ran away and got hit by a car. Fritz had no tags and bit his rescuer. He was put down the day before I tracked him down at the animal hostpital.
- My right wrist has a deformity caused by a crash while riding my bike in Turkey in 1989. My wrist ws fractured and now there's a growth of bone which looks a bit freakish. At the time, I was 17 and racing at an elite level, and assured of winning the Junior National Championship Road Race title, if only I didn't crash and end my season. Dreams.. dashed.
- For my 16th birthday, my parents foolishly bought me a lightly used Pontiac Fiero with T-tops. I crashed it at an intersection going 60+ miles an hour. Totaled it. After that, my dad got me a Ford Fiesta.
- I bought my first house when I was 20 years old for $76,100. Later on, I rented it out but had to evict the renters after about 6 months. After they left, I ripped out all the carpeting and tossed it because it was so filthy.
- I was scammed for $600 trying to buy a Herman Miller Aeron chair on Ebay in 2004. I e-mailed the scammer that I was disabled and needed the special chair in order to try to work again and support my family. He believed me.. and out of pity, he sent me a bunch of Visa gift cards to cover the $600 that he stole from me.. all presumed to be bought with stolen credit card numbers. I tossed all of them except for one $100 card I used to buy groceries with. Ebay sent me $250.
- My road race bike (a Look 486 carbon- $7000 retail) is worth twice what I can sell my Hyundai Elantra for, and weighs only 16 pounds.
- I was arrested [only] once for forgetting to appear in court for a summons regarding my dog barking too much. No cuffs, I was just aked to follow the policeman in my car.
So that's my seven things. Now I need to tag seven others, but I'll do that tomorrow night!
01 December 2007
German director Fathi Akin poses with his trophy after the European film award ceremony in Berlin December 1, 2007. Akin won the European film award for best "European Screenwriter 2007" for his film "Auf der anderen Seite" (The Edge of Heaven). REUTERS/Hannibal Hanschke (GERMANY)