29 January 2008
27 January 2008
25 January 2008
"Our fathers were our models for God. If our fathers bailed, what does that tell you about God?"
Other favorites, reminiscent of my personal favorite quote:
"It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything."
"Only after disaster can we be resurrected."
This one keeps me awake at night:
"This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time."
23 January 2008
22 January 2008
19 January 2008
At last a guy has taken the time to write this all down. Finally, the guys' side of the story. (I must admit, it's pretty good.) We always hear " the rules" from the female side. Now here are the rules from the male side.
These are our rules! Please note.. these are all numbered "1 " ON PURPOSE!
1. Men are NOT mind readers, and do not aspire to be, ever.
1. Learn to work the toilet seat. You're a big girl. If it's up, put it down. We need it up, you need it down. You don't hear us complaining about you leaving it down.
1. Sunday sports: It's like the full moon or the changing of the tides. Let it be.
1. Crying is blackmail.
1.. Ask for what you want. Let us be clear on this one: Subtle hints do not work! Strong hints do not work! Obvious hints do not work! Just say it! (My favorite! -Murat)
1. Yes and No are perfectly acceptable answers to almost every question.
1. Come to us with a problem only if you want help solving it. That's what we do. Sympathy is what your girlfriends are for.
1. Anything we said 6 months ago is inadmissible in an argument. In fact, all comments become Null and void after 7 Days.
1. If you think you're fat, you probably are.Don't ask us.
1. If something we said can be interpreted two ways and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, we meant the other one .
1. You can either ask us to do something or tell us how you want it done. Not both. If you already know best how to do it, just do it yourself.
1. Whenever possible, please say whatever you have to say during commercials...
1. Christopher Columbus did NOT need directions and neither do we.
1. ALL men see in only 16 colors, like Windows default settings. Peach, for example, is a fruit, not A color. Pumpkin is also a fruit. We have no idea what mauve is.
1. If it itches, it will be scratched. We do that.
1. If we ask what is wrong and you say "nothing," We will act like nothing's wrong. We know you are lying, but it is just not worth the hassle. (My other favorite -Murat)
1. If you ask a question you don't want an answer to, expect an answer you don't want to hear.
1. When we have to go somewhere, absolutely anything you wear is fine... Really .
1. Don't ask us what we're thinking about unless you are prepared to discuss such topics as baseball or golf or soccer or bicycle racing.
1. You have enough clothes.
1. You have too many shoes.
1. I am in shape. Round IS a shape! (Murat takes exception to this one.. Round is FAT)
1. Thank you for reading this.
Yes, I know, I have to sleep on the couch tonight; But did you know men really don't mind that? It's like camping.
Pass this to as many men as you can -to give them a laugh.
Pass this to as many women as you can - to give them a bigger laugh.
18 January 2008
Which one is better? Both start around $16,000.. but only the Scion has ABS, side curtain airbags and traction control, standard.. The HHR has a nice and durable plastic clad trunk area and fold flat rear seats (Xb has chintzy fabric covering and flimsy trunk cover flap)Both vehicles are good on gas- 28 and 30 mpg respectively. The Xb has more standard horsepower and is more fun to drive than the HHR. The HHR is styled like an old 1940's milk truck whereas the Xb is styled very high tech modern.. Maybe these vehicles both suck.. but please consider that we are looking for an affordable and roomy "novelty" vehicle with lots of curb appeal, one we can decorate with graphics and make it into a "WeeBIKE.com-mobile". It will also receive some graphics of the new M1 Racing Team. Thoughts? Opinions? Alternatives?
16 January 2008
Winter is a lousy time of year for me. I count the days until it is warm again.. I curse the arctic air and the snow and the ice and heating bills.. I'm on edge and depressed in the winter. My only anti-depressant is of course bike riding and eating.. which is good because if I did one and not the other, my weight would change drastically. These past few weekends have included some three+ and four+ hour bike rides in the relatively cold outdoors. Last week I was commuting to work by bike- it was quite mild for a few days.. but this week it's insanely cold out and I don't have it in me to do it.. so I train after work, in the house, on the rollers or the wind trainer..
My hair is out-of-control long.. I'm terrible at managing it so I always look like I've just rolled out of bed, no matter what time of day it is.. It's a combination of stubborn-ness and a self-hate [of myself with short hair]- I always look like a total dork with short hair.. Besides.. everyone at work has military style crew cuts.. yet most have pear shaped torsos.. making it seem less than honorable to be conformant.. If you're going to have hair like a soldier, at least try to behave like one and honor your body with smaller portions and with food that doesn't increase your mass and ruin your health! Gaaah! Guess I'd rather just be different.. right now. Besides, it's starting to look kind of good.. and best of all.. wife is beginning to really like it too.
10 January 2008
Police: Dad threw 4 tots off bridge after fight
Pregnant Marine vanishes before testifying
Girl, 2, left behind at Chuck E. Cheese
Should zoo let polar bear eat her cubs?
Each day I re-discover what a miracle it is to have made it to adulthood alive.
08 January 2008
For those who don't already know.. I have put together an elite bike racing team for 2008. What appears below is the team uniform, populated with all of the sponsors who support us with cash contributions to cover the costs of racing every weekend.. The team site is: www.M1Racing.blogspot.com. Wish us luck.
Additionally, for those who don't already know.. I have a retail site where dear wife and I sell high end children's bikes: www.WeeBIKE.com. Please check into it, especially if you have a child aged two to five. Training wheels are obsolete!
ALSO: My personal bike racing blog, Bisikletci, has a new address: www.bisikletcimurat.blogspot.com. Please make a note of it. Thanks! Visit often!