America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

America's #1 Balance Bike Destination
America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

04 July 2008

Happy 4th of July!

Since the time I've returned from Turkey June 9th, since the time I went to Turkey on May 23rd, since the time I last went to Turkey in August 2007, never has there been a day such as today, where I can actually kick my feet, up, take a deep breath, exhale, take stock of all the things around me, or not, and just let the day happen instead of forcing things to happen.. I was planning to drive to Kentucky today to make it in time for National Championships criterium race of Masters 35-39. I awoke at 9:00 to the sound of rain drops.. Last night's bike ride I felt like I had dead legs and I cut it short. I'm obviously not at Fitchburg Stage Race, (though we have a few team members up there in the 35+) The prospect of driving 15 hours in the rain for a one hour race which I really didn't specifically prepare for, is lost on me. Heck I haven't even done my taxes yet, even though I expect very large refund checks. Maybe this is the ideal weekend to get the finances in order, and of course do a few three to four hour bike rides, weather permitting. There's always Wells Ave training race on Sunday, if it's not cancelled that is.. That would be fun.. Maybe tomorrow I can join fellow team mates on a mountain bike ride at Big River? (Need to borrow a mtb though.. hehe) I am loving this weekend. This is like a vacation, for once.

2 comments:

Sophie Pilgrim said...

Dear Murat

I'm a journalist for the France 24 "Observers" site (http://observers.france24.com). We're looking for amateur images of the bombing in Istanbul. I know you're in the States but if you know of any amateur material (we only use user generated content on the site) coming from the event then please do let me know.

Your blog is great anyway, if not a little sad right now. It would be nice to have you as a contact. Let me know if you're interested.

Kind regards,

Sophie
spilgrim@france24.com

Murat Altinbasak said...

Sophie,
If I had access to any footage, you'd have it by now.
Yes you're right, lately I use my blog as a way to help dissipate or dilute my sorrow. Trying to refrain, but can't help myself.
I am at your service as a contact.
reiscotools at yahoo dot com
Best,
Murat