America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

America's #1 Balance Bike Destination
America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

26 November 2009

I forgot how, seriously.

Tomorrow morning my six year old son and I will attend our first religious service together. It's a holiday for the Muslim world, apparently. We're in Rochester and honestly, I have not set foot in a mosque or touched my forehead to a prayer rug in maybe 12 years.. We're going to the Turkish Society of Rochester for the service, where pretty much everyone knows who I am and knew my father. There will be lots of looks and double takes from old friends of the family.. Some of whom remember a time long ago when my father took me to prayers as a child. Reis is going to be told to follow my lead tomorrow.. Little does he know that I will be copying everyone else around me. It's going to be interesting, for sure.
Happy Bayram and Thanksgiving.
Thanks for reading.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

2 comments:

Nocturalguy38 said...

Wow, you have trademarked American Turk!!! But, you are not the only one abi-LOL! Umarim hersey iyidir. Ben bu gece his uyamiyorum! I grew up in Roanoke, Va. (where there are very few Turks), and my mother is American, but I still speak fluent Turkish.

I have my own blog called The Daily Vampire

http://www.nocturnalguy38.blogspot.com

Kendine iyi bak,

Attila Gokbudak

TT said...

Tebrikler Murat. It was the noble thing to do. Pass it on. Bayraminiz Mubarek Olsun!